Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) is pleased to announce that Xperia Ear Duo will be available in the United States for pre-order at b8ta starting May 1, 2018. Xperia Ear Duo will then be available at b8ta and on Amazon on May 25, 2018. Suggested retail price is $279.99.
Built to reimagine the wireless headset, Xperia Ear Duo features Dual Listening technology, so you can listen to music and receive notifications, while simultaneously hearing environmental sound or conversation. Whether you’re listening to music during a workout or while commuting, it’s an unparalleled ambient experience.
The Spatial Acoustic Conductor, developed by Sony’s in-house technology incubator Future Lab Program , allows the sound generated behind your ear by the unit’s driver to be transmitted directly into your ear. The specially designed ring supporter surrounds your ear canal, so your music can blend seamlessly with sounds from your environment.
The volume intelligently adjusts based on your surroundings and background noise, with Sony’s Clear Phase audio technology eliminating sound dispersion for crystal-clear listening.
Driven by Sony’s ultra-low power consuming “SPRITZER” chip and a sophisticated multi-sensor platform, the “Daily Assist” feature will recognize time, location, and activities to offer relevant information throughout the day – reminding you of the time for your next meeting when you reach the office or narrating the latest news headlines.
Xperia Ear Duo also responds to head gestures – the advanced sensors allow you to answer or decline incoming calls by shaking or nodding your head (or to skip through music by shaking your head left and right). You can also control your music and volume by simply tapping and scrolling on the device.
Voice control is also built in with flexible access to the personal assistants you use most, whether it’s Google Assistant or Siri. Quad microphone beam-forming isolates the sound of your voice, filtering out external noise to help you set reminders, send messages, make calls, or launch an application, all freely and easily.
Made from durable stainless aluminum and soft rubber, Xperia Ear Duo sits under your ear to avoid interference with glasses or accessories. The open-ring supporter comes in three different sizes, and IPX2 splash-proofing means Xperia Ear Duo is comfortable enough to wear all day, every day.
You’ll be able to enjoy up to four hours of listening on a single charge, and the innovative compact case doubles as a charger, providing up to three times more power when you’re on the move. What’s more, the case offers a fast-charging feature, giving you one hour of listening with just seven minutes of charging.
Xperia Ear Duo will come in sleek Black and Gold styles. The companion application for Xperia Ear Duo will be available for free download on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
Along with the release of Xperia Ear Duo, Sony Mobile is pleased to announce a new partnership with b8ta, a new kind of retail store designed for discovering, trying, and buying new tech products. In addition to making Xperia Ear Duo available for pre-order and at launch, b8ta will carry Xperia Touch (starting on May 1, 2018).
For more information about Xperia Ear Duo, please visit: www.sonymobile.com/us/products/smart-products/
XPERIA EAR DUO KEY FEATURES:
- Compatible with Android version 5.0 or later (Bluetooth profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP). iOS version 10 or later (Bluetooth profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP). iPad not supported.
- Controlled by touchpad on each core unit or with voice command (Google for Android; Siri for iOS). Head gesture capability.
- Small, light, and durable – 0.7 x 2.3 x 0.4 core unit dimensions; 0.4oz each. IPX2 water protection on core unit.
- Smart Support – Daily Assist. Notification readouts. Anytime Talk. Android support only.
- Quad microphone arrangement – two microphones on each core unit.
- Audio – quad microphone with beamforming Noise suppression. Adaptive volume control. Echo and Wind noise cancelation, Clear PhaseTM. Dynamic driver unit on each core unit. Codecs SBC/AAC.
- Five sensors – accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass, and barometer.
- Battery – core unit 56 mAh each (charging case 740mAh).
- Applications – host application available on Google Play/iTunes App Store. Android version 5.0 or later. iOS10 or above. No support for iPad.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.2 LE. USB Type C. Easy pairing with Host App (automatic pairing when Host App is opened and device is nearby). Android only.
- Easy and fast charging – USB Type-C on charging case. Up to one hour of listening after a seven minute charge.
- Talk time up to 2.5 hours (up to 10 hours with carrying case).
- Listening time up to 4 hours (up to 16 hours with carrying case).
- Two styles – black and gold.