EVGA has released a new BIOS update for for their RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra graphics card, it increases the maximum power limit to 450W from 400W. With a maximum TDP at 450W, the RTX 3080 FTW3 has the same limit as ASUS RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC.
EVGA_JabobF (Jacob Freeman):
Due to many users request, have a new BETA BIOS that increases the maximum Power Target. This BIOS is only intended for the extreme overclocking user and does not have any other changes. Please note the following:
- This update will increase the power consumption while overclocking, and is recommended you have adequate cooling and power (850w+ Gold minimum) when using this.
- EVGA does not guarantee any performance increase or overclock while using this BIOS update.
Any other questions or concerns will be answered in this forum thread only. Please post below your results and feedback!
BIOS Instructions (Windows Installation):
- Download the correct .zip file below for your graphics card below.
- Extract the files to a location on disk.
- Make sure no programs are running in the background, and double click Update.exe
- Press “Y” to begin the update.
- DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!
- After update, restart PC.
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
NOTE: There are 2 BIOS’s, one is for the BIOS when switched to the normal stock position, the other if switched to the OC position.
Source: EVGA via Videocardz