The number of connected devices in the home has skyrocketed – from tablets and gaming consoles, to IP surveillance cameras, smart door locks, and more. By 2020, Gartner estimates there will be 20 billion connected things, and their role and influence is set to dramatically increase over the next 10 years1. They’ve also raised a new crop of security issues, as Internet of Things (IoT) devices are subject to attacks just like any other connected device like a PC or smartphone. The new D-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Router Powered by McAfee immediately and automatically helps secure all connected devices at the network level in a home, including non-display IoT devices, providing an additional layer of protection from potential hackers and for members of the home using devices and accessing online content.
“We’re on the forefront of preventing and fighting cybercrime as consumers need to feel safe and protected as cyber threats continue to rise,” said John Giamatteo, executive vice president, consumer business group, McAfee. “Our partnership with D-Link helps consumers benefit from both increased connectivity and peace of mind knowing that their connected devices are protected.”
McAfee’s Global Threat Intelligence features adaptable machine learning that protects by preventing, detecting, and correcting malicious malware and attacks, which enables a safer internet browsing experience for consumers. Designed for families and smart home owners looking for the ultimate home networking without sacrificing privacy and security, the DIR-2680 keeps connected devices safer from unwanted intrusions and thefts. Additionally, comprehensive parental control features provide customized protection for children in the household. The DIR-2680 is easily set up with the D-Link Wi-Fi app and can be managed from anywhere with the McAfee Secure Home Platform app.
“As the number of connected devices in homes increases, consumers are increasingly concerned about online security threats. D-Link teamed up with McAfee and Intel to address these concerns with a powerful, easy to manage, all-in-one solution,” said Anny Wei, D-Link president and CEO. “The new AC2600 Wi-Fi Router Powered by McAfee is our solution for consumers to help protect their homes and children from evolving online threats.”
“As consumers bring more devices and connected activities into their homes, they expect reliable, secure connectivity,” said Dan Artusi, vice president and general manager, Connected Home Division, Intel. “We are working closely with industry leaders like D-Link to develop solutions that make home networks faster, smarter and more secure to ultimately enable new immersive smart home experiences.”
Additional Features and Benefits:
Comprehensive Security Made Simple
- Easy set up and instant protection for all devices with full control from anywhere
- End-to-end protection designed to help prevent, detect and correct potential threats
Superior Performance Without Compromise
- Enjoy streaming HD video and lightning-fast downloads with dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO performance
- Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset allows support for up to 128 simultaneously connected devices, delivering robust Wi-Fi connectivity even as the number of devices grows in the home
Connected Home Protection
- Real-time monitoring for a safer browsing experience and powerful security for IoT device protection
Comprehensive Parental Controls
- Customized protection for every child, including personalized content filters and screen time controls
- McAfee’s Global Threat Intelligence provides an adaptable solution that blocks malware, and malicious websites
- Serious Protection Needs Serious Power
- The wireless traffic is fully offloaded to the Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset, so that the Intel AnyWAN SoC – the primary computing engine in the router – is freed up for software and security functions.
The DIR-2680 AC2600 Wi-Fi Router Powered by McAfee will be available for purchase in Q2 2018. The router will be on display at CES in the Intel booth for public viewing.