BIOSTAR today introduced the M500 line of solid-state drives in the M.2-2280 form-factor, with PCI-Express 3.0 x2 interface.
Designed for Gamers
The BIOSTAR M500 M.2 PCIe SSD sports a diamond-shape heatsink design that delivers efficient cooling to sustain performance and avoid thermal throttling. The heatsink also gives the M500 an edgy gaming look that’s perfect for any gaming motherboard.
Low Power Consumption
The BIOSTAR M500 Series M.2 SSDs features low power consumption with read mode requiring only around 1.7 W for the 256GB model. The low power consumption helps extend the battery life of notebooks and ultrabooks making it the perfect storage upgrade for portable PCs.
- High-performance 3D TLC NAND Flash
- Sequential read/write speeds of up to 1,700 /1,100 MB/s
- Read/write IOPS of up to 200K/180K
- Capacities up to 1TB
- Standard M.2 2280 Form Factor
- PCIe 3.0 8Gb/s by 2-lane (PCIe Gen3 x 2)
- Support NVMe v1.2
- Include BCH and LDPC ECC, plus Reed-Solomon Raid protection
- Support AES256
- End-to-End data protection
- With DDR3/DDR3L DRAM cache
- Active power < 2W, L1.2 power < 2mW with 20ms resume time
- SMART temperature display (SMART Fan option)
Pricing & Availability:
BIOSTAR M500-128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD MSRP: $59
BIOSTAR M500-256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD MSRP: $99
BIOSTAR M500-512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD MSRP: $149
BIOSTAR M500-1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD MSRP: $269