Description: AMD is pleased to announce complementary support for NVMe RAID on the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform. By combining multiple NVMe SSDs together into a RAID 0, 1, or 10 array, it is possible to greatly enhance disk performance or data integrity. With a single GPU in the system, arrays containing up to six NVMe SSDs can be supported without adapters. NVMe RAID support on the AMD Ryzen Threadripper platform does not require specific NVMe disks or hardware activation keys.
Products supported: AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform
Operating systems supported: Windows® 10 64-bit (build 1703)
- Users with an existing RAID array cannot perform an in-place driver or BIOS upgrade to add NVMe RAID support to their system.
- Users with an existing SATA RAID configuration must back up data on the SATA RAID array, and break down that array, before proceeding with any BIOS update or driver installation containing NVMe RAID support.
- If the existing SATA RAID array is a bootable configuration with an operating system, then a fresh install of Windows 10 will be required.
- A motherboard BIOS update is required to support NVMe RAID. After updating to a supporting BIOS, the disk configuration must be changed to RAID (from SATA or AHCI). This BIOS menu entry is often labeled “SATA Mode” or “SATA Configuration.”
- AMD RAIDXpert2 RAID Management Utility
- NVMe RAID Driver (Windows Driver Store Version 17.50)
The NVME RAID Support software can be downloaded from the following links: